The Creativity Ninjas
This annoying little box will follow you around until you log in!! So log in, or register! Do it! DOOOOO IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!! Isn't this little box annoying? >;D Please just log in/register. The box is sick of following you around.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Creativity Ninjas
This annoying little box will follow you around until you log in!! So log in, or register! Do it! DOOOOO IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!! Isn't this little box annoying? >;D Please just log in/register. The box is sick of following you around.
The Creativity Ninjas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are Twins For?

Go down

What Are Twins For? Empty What Are Twins For?

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 pm

CHAPTER 1
I ran up the steps to the platform, swiping my card on the way. I slunk over to this case's victim.
"Thank you for joing us, Miss Oshibonni."
I gnashed my teeth together. Grrrr. I turned to face Dr. Brennan and Dr. Hodgins. "I'm sorry I'm late, Dr Brennan," I said, bowing my head. I heard light footsteps behind me, but I didn't turn. I knew it was Angela. The machine chirped when she ran her card through it.
"Sweetie, don't be so hard on her, she's just an intern," she told Dr. Brennan.
I frowned. 'Just an intern'?
She came to stand beside me. Touching my shoulder gently she said, "It's good to have you back, Miyu. I didn't know it was your turn in the rotation."
"It's not," I replied. "I'm filling in for Vincent." I blushed slightly at my fellow intern and boyfriend's name.
"Is there something wrong?" Hodgins asked.
"No, he's just taken slightly ill," I responded.
I heard the doors open and heavier-than-Angela's footsteps.
"Miyu!"
I whipped around. I saw his face light up at the sight of me. He walked faster to the platform.
"Seeley!"
I bounded over to him and threw my arms around his neck.
"I've missed you, little cousin," he said in my ear. "Did you like LA? Did it rain? How's your mom?"
I've been in Los Angeles for three months visiting my mother, Lillian. She's Seeley's mother's little sister, which makes him my cousin. My father, Jarron, is in Japan on business and my twin sister, Alice is also employed here at the Jeffersonian Institute's Medico-Legal Lab as Dr. Camille Saroyan's assistant. We've known Camille since middle school, when she was still dating Seeley. That, and our ability to get anything we want by widening our Misty Forest eyes, landed us jobs here. And we were both top of our classes.
I released Seeley. "I loved it! It didn't rain at all, it was always sunny and warm. Mom says she misses your Bambi eyes," I told him, smirking. 'Bambi' was his childhood nickname my mother had given him. He hated it when I called him that.
"Bambi eyes....?" I heard Hodgins murmur to Dr. Brennan.
Angela snickered.
Another door opened.
"Bambi!"
There was a flash of light brown as my twin dashed towards us. Once she had made the machine beep, she crashed into Seeley, giving him a bear-hug. Alice mostly called him Bambi. I thought it was funny. He didn't.
When she was done trying to squeeze the life out of him, she turned to me and did the same.
"You're tan!" she accused, her porcelain features pouty.
"That's what happens when you spend a fourth of the year in California, my Snow White Queen," I teased.
She frowned at me. I shrugged.
"Alice," Dr. Brennan said suddenly. "I believe Cam wants you back."
Alice nodded. "I'm conducting my first solo autopsy as a test."
I'll never understand why Dr. Brennan calls my twin by her first name. She was 'Alice' and I was 'Miss Oshibonni.' I sighed.

Last edited by Ninja_Yoshi on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Cities this ninja has saved : 0
Location : Under Beckett's desk, or Castle's bed, it all really depends on my mood.

Back to top Go down

What Are Twins For? Empty Re: What Are Twins For?

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:26 pm

CHAPTER 2

"Miyu, Alice, you don't mind baby-sitting Parker tonight, do you?" Seeley asked over the webcam.
"Of course not, Bambi. We love Parker," Alice yelled from the kitchen, digging out her half-eaten wasabi bomb. "Ha! I found it!"
I rolled my eyes. "Do you know where your chopsticks are?"
Pause. Then, "Argh!"
I looked back at the screen. "Yeah, it's fine. You can bring him over whenever."
He sighed with relief. "Thank you."
"You got a hot date tonight?" Alice shouted jokingly.
"No!" He denied it a little too vehemently.
Alice came into the room, eating the rest of her wasabi bomb. "Is it Bren?" This time she was serious.
"We're just partners," he said, blushing.
"So it is!" I laughed triumphantly.
He glared and clicked off the screen.
"You can feel the love, can't you?" Alice remarked, amused. She flopped onto the couch.
"Be careful! Wasabi stains don't come out and that's a really expensive couch!" I warned her. I glanced around our apartment. Seeley told me it was bigger that Dr. Brennan's, and I believed him. Our parents had been wealthy, but Alice and I were pratically drowning in money. We're only 21, but we've had a lot of success. We write novels and draw manga, design clothes and own a record company called 'Tokyo Onii Records'. We work at the Jeffersonian because in high school our uncle was murdered and we promised ourselves we would get even. Now we are.
"So, Monopoly again?" Alice asked, taking her plate to the sink.
"Naw, I'm gonna hook up Rock Band for him."
I pulled a quarter out of my pocket.
"Heads I sing; tails you drum."
"I'm not stupid, Onii-Chan."
'Onii-Chan' means 'older sister' in Japanese, which we're both fluent in.
"Fine. Heads me; tails you." I flipped the coin. "Heads!"
We set up all the equipment to our flat screen. After everything was connected, I curled up on the couch with my laptop. From there I began typing my new novel furiously. I stopped when Alice's angel voice started. She was getting in her mic time before Parker came and I took it. I laughed when I heard the song. It was one of the ones we had written about Alice in Wonderland. This was Parker's favorite song, because it 'reminded him of a girl in his class'. He didn't know it was one of our songs. After twenty minutes of this there was a knock at the door. Alice darted over and pulled it open.
"Alice!" Parker flung his arms around my sister's waist.
"Hey, blondie," she said, hugging him back.
I set my laptop down and sidled over. "'Sup, curls?"
"The sky, flames." We bumped knuckles.
Seeley tapped his son's head. "Be good for your cousins, Park."
"Yeah, Dad."
With that Seeley left.
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Location : Under Beckett's desk, or Castle's bed, it all really depends on my mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:36 am

CHAPTER 3

Parker and I battled it out on the guitar unitl our fingers were sore. He still won.
"Okay, okay, you got me beat," I told him, laughing. "Now try Alice."
She eagerly took the guitar from my hands.
Yet somehow he still won. It was amazing.
"You're gonna be a rock star when you grow up," she told him. He was positively glowing.
"Alice, will you sing my song?"
"Of course, Blondie." She smiled.
Parker set down the guitar and came over to where I was sitting on the couch. He climbed into my lap.
As he watched her, mesmerized, his eyelids slowly started to droop. A few seconds later he was snoring softly.
I laughed. "Alice, you have a lullaby voice."
"You know it, sista!"
I rolled my eyes. "He's asleep. What time is it? Why isn't Seeley back?"
"It's 10:16, and you know exactly why he's not back." She gave me a meaningful look.
As if on cue, there was a knock at the door. "Perfect timing. Can you get it?" I gestured towards the sleeping child in my arms.
"Yeah, sure." She went over and yanked it open.
"Rebecca?"
She was genuinely surprised.
"Hi," Rebecca said uncomfortably. She never really knew us that well. "I just got a call from Seeley, and he was really upset. Something happened with work, and he needs you both at the lab. Something about an agent getting killed and the 'squints' can't be short on staff right now. I came to get Parker. Has he eaten?"
"Uh, yeah, we fed him a while ago," Alice said, still shocked. "Right now he's asleep, though. Hey, Miyu! Wake him up and bring him out here, please."
I gently shook him awake. "Hey, Park, bud, your mom's here."
He rubbed his eyes with his knuckles. "My mom? Where's my dad? Did he get a big case?"
I nodded and led him out to Rebecca.
"Thank you," she said. "Really." She left.
"So," I said to Alice. "I guess we go to the lab."
She went to get her coat on. "Ready to roll, Agent Miyu." She shot me with her finger-gun and blew away the imaginary smoke.
I laughed. "I'm not the agent, Seeley is. I'm a forensic anthropologist," I said proudly. "And I bet you don't have your security pass."
She patted her pockets. "DARLING, you're right. If it weren't for you, Onii-Chan, I would probably leave my butt sitting somewhere."
"True that," I muttered, walking out.
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:21 am

CHAPTER 4

You know that feeling you get when you have to go look at a set of remains? Well, unless you're a forensic anthropologist, I guess not. I remember what Caroline had said to Dr. Brennan when we were trying to catch that Goobagon dude.
"This is just creepy," Caroline said.
"We all end up this way."
"Thank you, cherie, now you've made it creepy
and depressing."
In a way, she's right. It's depressing when someone becomes a play-toy for us, or sits in a box in Limbo, waiting to rest in peace. It's creepy, even for me, when I walk into Limbo on the weekends when I have nothing better to do, seeing the rows upon rows of lost souls. It makes me want to cry, knowing that over half of them were murdered, some of them small children.
Dr. Brennan thinks 'Limbo' is an inappropriate moniker, but I agree with Ang. It's a good name. Especially what waits there.
I looked up from the fresh set of remains. "Are you sure this is an FBI agent? It looks like, um, well, chili con carne." Bleh.
Angela, Hodgins, and Cam exchanged looks. Oh. I remembered now. They had had a case before when the victim looked like this. I looked back down, shutting my mouth.
"DNA results don't lie," Cam said, holding up the file.
Looking back up, I reached for it, but out of nowhere Dr. Brennan's hand snatched it away. Our eyes met, hers icy. Once again, I dropped my gaze, this time blushing. I had seen, I knew I had crossed a line. I never go to crime scenes, so I'm used to taking it. I had also noticed her eyes were troubled. So it was going to be one of those days.
Maybe her date with Seeley didn't go too good,
my evil side said.
Or maybe, it went a little
too good, my even more evil side retorted back.
STOP!!!
my good part screamed at both.
"Um," I began, examining the yuck that sat on the stainless steel table. I rattled a bunch of scientific terms that if I tried to spell I would fail epicly, and even if I spelled them right you wouldn't be able to say/understand them. Basically, every bone except one in the body was crushed. Simple, no?
The pelvis was the one bone un-chili-con-carne-ed. "It appears as though our victim has given birth," I told the squints. I love that name!! 'Squints.'
I paused, puzzled. "If the remains look like this, how do you know she's an agent?"
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 pm

CHAPTER 5

Hodgins tossed a wallet at me. I opened it. No credit cards, no money, just ID. Which read "Sarah Masters." Hm. I'd met her before, once at the Bureau. She was really funny and polite. Especially since Seeley had accidently taken her coffee mug. Why do they even drink that gross crap at the Bureau? It's like mud. The coffee here is actually good.
"Okay, then," I said, lobbing it back. "Did you find the gun or badge?"
Dr. Brennan cleared her throat pointedly.
I really wish she would stop drawing those freaking lines that are so hard to avoid. It's like she's put them all they way across the road, and there is a tiny, two-inch gap that you have to make it through, or else, siyonara, you're outta here. I had been toeing the line since even before I had left for LA. That's why I left, because she was getting ready dump me in a mud puddle 100 miles from here. Obviously, she picked up from where she was before. Geh.
"No, but we're still searching the scene. Which, incidentally, Dr. Brennan, you need to be there soon," Cam said, saving my bacon at the last second.
Phew. Thank you, Cam.
Dr. Brennan gave her a 'if-looks-could-kill-you-would-have-been-buried-five-minutes-ago' death stare.
Cam didn't even flinch. One tough cookie. Well, she had been unwelcome before, when the infamous Dr. Addy worked here. Then again, Dr. Brennan sort of had a short fuse. Especially when it came down to 'I'm-the-boss-here' with Cam. And I was holding a lit match an inch away. Try as I might, Icouldn't blow it out. It was like one of those trick birthday candles that you put on your grandmother's cake just to piss her off, then take a bunch of funny pictures of and display them all over the internet, so every other family member sees it, but Grandma's sitting there going "What the HEAVEN are you laughing about?" when they all make jokes. I was Grandma, Dr. Brennan was the photographer/poster/candle-lighter and the team were the "family members." And then Seeley was the one who shows Grandma the pictures, and blows out the candles. Make a wish.
Alice, who was standing in silence behind everyone else, gave me one of 'the' looks. One of the ones that say, "if I had any power around here I would stop them." She was on Granny's side. Now if I could get the rest of the team.....
Alice poked Hodgins in the shoulder and then whispered in his ear. Hodgins nodded. "My fellow scientists, interns, can we get back to the issue at hand?" He gestured towards the mush on the table. "This is a dead FBI agent, and there is a possible conspiracy theory, paranoid cover-up, et cetera et cetera...."
Cam sighed wearily. "I will bring Dr. Sweets in. I'm serious."
Angela and Alice smirked at each other. The last time Lance had come in he was like, "No way! There's a new intern? That's so awesome!" and started asking me a bunch of stupid questions until I told him that I hated psychology. "So, has she met Brennan? Is she such a pernicious influence that the interns are now hating me? Just because I'm a pyschiatrist doesn't mean that I can't be your friends...." He had been genuinely ticked off. Then I had told him that I had no problem with him, just his job. He laughed and said that Dr. Brennan had a problem with both. And flirted with me. I now have the privilege of calling him 'Lance. Once or twice I called him 'Lance-uh-lot' and he started blushing and stammering like crazy. Ah, that weirdo.
"You don't need to 'bring him in' he happens to be standing in the doorway with Booth recording our actions with that stupid little notepad he carries in his pocket," Dr. Brennan said, pointing.
"Why do you even carry that thing around?" I heard Seeley say. "Is that what you do at night? Instead of a life of fourteen year old, you review your 'work notes?'"
"Scientific inquiry," Lance mumbled, his pencil scratching furiously.
Seeley shook his head and dragged Lance up to the platform. "So, I talked to Sarah's sister, and she said that Sarah had stopped going out, stopped taking calls, not checking her email."
"Stalking victim?"
"Um, we don't have enough evidence, I since I know you will all kill me, I don't want to jump to conclusions."
Dr. Brennan half smiled. "We wouldn't neccessarily kill you, just put you through physical agony until you begged for mercy."
"You used up all your joke tokens last night, Bones, now you'll be charged."
Hoddgins tried not to smile. I smirked enough for both of us. So, I was now again wondering idly if their 'date' had gone better than planned.
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:45 am

CHAPTER 6

I flitted around the platform, singing in fluent Japanese. It wasn't very loud, but enough so people could hear it. I was singing "The Daughter Of Evil" vocaloid, which is very fast-paced and hard to sing. I knew it impressed the team. The first time I had started doing this, Alice had joined in, which made everyone amazed we could sing like this.
"I really, really hate to interrupt your concert, but I have something to show you," Angela called from her office. "Brennan's at an interrogation right now, and you're auxiliary. Come." She curled her fingers, and I followed, as though her fingers were magnets.
"What's up?"
"This." She pointed to the screen. "Don't ask me how I got it, just be happy that I did."
Guess what is was? A security camera video from wherever Seeley and Dr. Brennan had gone last night. I was amazed at her computer-hacking skills. I watched in awe as the night unfolded. They started out awkward, and then eased into it slowly. They got to laughing, and the wine glasses were being constantly refilled.
Then it abruptly ended.
"I got kicked out of the system."
I frowned. "Was this germaine to the investigation?"
She laughed once. "Yeah, my own personal investigation of Booth and Brennan. Which I am including you and Alice in, because you are Brennan's assistant and you're both related to Booth. Does that count?"
I shrugged. "I guess. But why did you say that Dr. Brennan wasn't here so you were gonna tell me?"
"Because I had to cover in case anyone heard me. Duh," she sighed. "I always wanted to tap that..." She gave a slight shudder. "And now Brennan gets it. Oh well, sigh sigh sob sob. No use crying over spilt milk."
I smiled. "Be like a kitty; lap up the milk."
"Oh, you dirty, dirty little girl."
There was a knock on the open door. "Hope I'm not interrupting," Cam said coming in with file in hand. "I just noticed that the singing had stopped, so I knew someone had stolen her. And I knew that Hodgins isn't as buddy buddy with you two Oshibonni's as the other interns."
"Well, that makes me feel loved," I muttered to Angela. She carefully restrained herself from breaking into a smile. She almost failed. Almost.
"Very funny," Cam said. She noticed the started over and frozen video. "What the HEAVEN is that?"
Angela and I exchanged wide-eyed-frightened looks. We stuttered and stammered until Cam said, "Forget I said that. I have information. Related to the case. That we just happen to be working on. At this moment. Not watching hacked security camera's videos. Okay? Case. Related." She handed me the file. I held my breath waiting for Dr. Brennan's hand to just randomly pop out and snatch it. Of course, nothing happened. Duh. I took it gingerly. Tox screen results for the vic.
"I thought Seeley said she stopped going out?" She had more than just traces of all the different types of alcohol needed to make a very strong drink that most bartenders don't even dare to put on the menu. A few did. Maybe four or five in the whole city. Seeley had me try one on my birthday, and I got very violently sick. Well, let's not dwell on traumatizing experiences.
"That's just what the sister, who lives across town, said. That might not be accurate," Cam said in her 'are-you-really-going-to-go-there' tone.
'Coz I'm just a stupid intern. Expendable.
"So we're left waiting for the dream team to finish up the interrogation. I'll be counting the minutes like grains of rice." I did the Japanese-style bow.
I walked out backwards and resumed singing. "Oh, love is a many splendored thing, it's the April rose that only grows in the early spring. When your fingers touched my silent heart and taught it how to sing, yes, love, is a many splendored, thing...." For some reason, the staff here enjoyed this the most. I hadn't a clue why, but they always applauded vigorously. Angela sighed; Hodgins looked into the distance; Cam smiled.
I switched songs. "Four years, and you think for sure, that's all you've got to endure, all the total -----, all the stuck up chicks, so superficial, so immature. And then when you graduate, you take a look around and you say, HEY WAIT! this is the same as where I just came from, I thought it was over, oh that's just great--"
"When the whole dang world is just as obsessed, with who's the best dressed...."
Of course Alice started singing. But her voice wasn't coming from the platform or the autopsy room. Where...?
"Reese Witherspoon, she's the Prom Queen, Bill Gates, Captain of the Chess Team, Jack Black, a Clown, Brad Pitt, the Quarterback, I've seen it all before, I want my money back!"
It was coming from above. I looked up towards the lounge. There she was leaning over the railing. I went up to join her.
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja_Yoshi Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:27 am

CHAPTER 7

Have you ever been in a recording studio? Tight, enclosed space, with objects taking up most the room. Factor in claustrophobia. And what do you get? Me, jittery and hyper. The fact that I had just drank three cups of Starbucks didn't help at all. I faltered four times in the middle of a song. Alice asked the tech to stop, and put her hand on my forehead. "Have you been to see Vincent lately? You're kind of warm."
I whipped my head back and forth. "It's the booth, I'm getting claustrophobic, more and more by the second, I need to get fresh air, I'm going to throw up!!" I pushed past her and ran to the bathroom.
Afterwards, (skipping the retching-- You didn't want to know anyway, did you?) Alice drove me home. She left me at the door of the apartment and went back to the lab. As I trudged slowly, slowly into the bedroom, I threw my jacket into the couch on the way. Laying on my pillow I found a white rose with a red leaf and a black stem. Only two people in the entire world knew I loved those colors, and one had been with me for the past three days. The other had had the opportunity. I smiled. Vincent. There was a note that had lyrics from my favorite songs written on them.
"|Reese Witherspoon, she's the Prom Queen, Bill Gates, Captain of the Chess Team, Jack Black, a Clown, Brad Pitt, the Quarterback, I've seen it all before, I want my money back!| Hi, Miss Alice, in your glass eye, what kind of dream are you seeing? Are you fascinated with?| Those three words, are said too much, they're not enough. If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?| If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman? If I'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand? I'll keep you by my side with my super-human might, Kryptonite.| You would not believe your eyes If ten million fireflies Lit up the world as I fell asleep 'Cause they fill the open air, And leave teardrops everywhere You'd think me rude, but I would just stand and... stare.| The stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you, pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere, cause I'll doze off safe and soundly, but I'll miss your arms around me, I'd send a postcard to you dear, cause I wish you were here.|"
I wondered why he had underlined the last lyric. Vanilla Twilight by Owl City. Hm. I thought it best to wait till morning to ask.
The next morning I was fine, 100%. I was inexplicably happy, according to Dr. Brennan and Angela. I knew why, but I didn't tell anyone. Alice also knew but I had sworn her to secrecy on threat of death by Katana. Very sharp, been-used-once Katana.
I suppose it's alright to tell you. You won't tell, will you? Good. I had asked Vincent why the last lyric had been underlined, and he had said, "Because sometimes I can't stand being away from you for more than a day," in his cute British accent that I loved so much. Squeal, faint, swoon.
We got closer to solving Agent Masters' murder, narrowing it down to three suspects. Yeah, we were good. I found particulates for Hodgins, which turned out to be a crushed disc. I didn't get how he could get 'CD' out of 'very fine powder.' Ah, how the mind boggles. Maybe I should have minored in entomology instead of English. Huh. The murder weapon had been identified. She had her neck slit with the same crushed CD I found. Strangely symbolic, murdering someone with a CD. It's like saying, "Oh, you don't like the food? Well, now you're going to die, because I poisoned it." Insert super-evil-villain laugh here. Bwaha.
We got lots of useless conjecture from Seeley, and had the pleasure of watching Dr. Brennan tell him off vehemently. Somebody should put that on Youtube. 60 million views instantly. Internet sensation, tabloid subject, being on the news, the whole freaking shebang. But no one was brave enough to pull out their phone and actually do it.
I told this to Alice, and she rocketed off into a laughing spell. "WTF?!" I whispered in her ear. We earned looks from the team and Cam said with her eyes,"Share the joke or you're dead." Sighing, I told them. I earned a few snickers for my reward, surprisingly enough. I took a tiny bow. And this went completely unnoticed by Dr. B, who was now arguing very heatedly with Seeley. We had scooted to the side of the platform, away from where she was standing with him by her office, so we couldn't hear anything. Angela stopped laughing abruptly and pointed. We all stopped.
Dr. Brennan spun around, angry, waving her hand back at Seeley. He caught her elbow.
We all waited, our breath baited as one.

He let go.
Ninja_Yoshi
Ninja_Yoshi
Flash Fiction Writer
Flash Fiction Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum